.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Man Does Not Live By Bread Alone

Happy Thanksgiving!

It may be true that man does not live by bread alone, but a good loaf of home-baked bread can make life better. I hate store-bought bread and I've worn out my old bread maker, so this is my choice for a replacement. I don't like baking the loaves in the bread maker, but it is wonderful for mixing the dough. I'll let you know how I like this new one.

Followup! This is a great machine. It has 5 separate settings for different breads: basic,sweet,whole wheat, French, "InstaBread", dough, and (wonder of all wonders) it even churns butter. I've used the French bread setting and it is delicious: great crunchy crust, chewy inside--as good as a New Orleans neighborhood bakery. At $69.95 it is a real bargain. I've also churned some butter: delicious. I used the resultant buttermilk in a batch of bread. Works great.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?